Green Meme for November

0

Posted on : 8:57 PM | By : Anonymous | In : ,

This is from Green Meme Blogger... this is meme number 2.  I actually have never tagged another blogger and I know I'm supposed to tag 3, but I know lots of bloggers read my blog.  Sooo... if you do the meme, feel free to spam yourself in the comments. :)


1. Do you use baking soda toothpaste or baking soda shampoo? If not, would you consider it?
I did use it as toothpaste, and I also tried it as shampoo.  I found that my extremely thick Latino hair turned into a giant frizzball and my gingivitis got worse.  So I decided to invest in natural shampoos and natural toothpaste instead.  It's really not that much more expensive and it does a better job.  

2. Do you make any home cleaning products?
I make all of my own, except that right now I have a huge stash of Nature's Ultimate organic orange cleaner so I'm using that too.  I use baking soda and vinegar for everything.

3. What is your top green issue at the moment?
I am action-packed with green issues.  Right now I am doing some reading on nuclear energy to convince my pro-nuclear family that it's not the best option.  I just read an article on mini-nuclear plants that seem too good to be true and I'm going to post on the real cost of nuclear energy.  Other green issues on the top of my list tend to do with how healthy my home is, and genetically modified foods.  It's tricky to balance my budget and my guilt about the foods I can afford buy.

4. Given unlimited cash, what is on your fantasy green wishlist?
Wow that would probably be an entire book in itself.   I have an opportunity to buy all new furniture (slowly, not all at once), which is great because each item can be bought with the environment in mind.  When we were first buying furniture I'm not sure that was the first criteria on the list.  My wish would be every item in my home to be green AND comfortable.  I would also love to be offsetting my energy usage with the green energy option, and I want a Miele laundry set (the greenest and awesomest washer and dryer on the planet).  

5. Have you implemented any new green act/behaviour/product this month?
Hmmm...I haven't done anything new I don't think.  We started buying in bulk again, and trying to keep getting free range meat and eggs.  We also don't eat dairy or beef at all now, which has been a struggle but I think has significantly helped the environment, even though we can't always buy organic.  It's a way of balancing our impact on a low budget.

Comments (0)