The Christmas Meme

0

Posted on : 12:18 PM | By : Anonymous | In :

Only 20 days until Christmas, and to celebrate my imminent stress-free holiday season, I would steal a meme from Sandra Dodd.  

Twelve Things of Christmas

1. Real tree or artificial? Actually I don't really know.  I think it's going to be a real tree, since we will be at family's in Vancouver.  I've never had a real tree so I hope it is - they smell so nice and after all the research I've done on which is more sustainable, real is truly better.

2. When do you put up the tree? Normally when we set up a tree, it's December 1st. We would also put lights up on the house and go crazy with crafts.  This year it's just craft-crazy.

3. When do you take down the tree? December 31st, every time.  I love New Year's and I can't stand an old Christmas hanging around on the start of a new year.  It's kind of my carry over of Chinese tradition of cleaning out the house right before the New Year rolls in.

4. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly gift bags but if it doesn't fit, then wrapping paper.  We recycle the paper we open too.

5. When do you start Christmas shopping? At the last minute, lol.  I've got a list that I start at the end of November and we wait until it is the thick of things and then rush out to get it over with as quickly as possible.

6. Who is the hardest person to buy for? Men.  

7. Easiest person to buy for? Too many interests and not enough books gives people ample opportunity for a gift.  A charitable donation also works well.

8. Angel on top of the tree, or star? A psychedelic angel who glows in all kinds of crazy colors.  It's kind of funny because we always use white lights so she's the one anomaly. 

9. What is the worst Christmas gift you ever got? My mother-in-law gave me lotion samples that she got for free when she bought something for herself. lol  they smelled nice and she bought nothing so I guess I win.

10. What is the best gift you received as a child? I really remember getting my Sesame Street kitchen when I was 4 or 5.  I loved it!

11. What is your favorite food to eat at Christmas time? Tiny food.  Appetizers, crackers and spread, tiny sausages, little quiche, and a glass of sparkling apple cider.


12.  What do you want for Christmas this year?  I really want to get a new camera so we at least have one, but what I really want is to move into a house that we all fit in.  And peace on earth and good will towards men.  

Comments (0)