Raised Beds Part 2

1

Posted on : 10:38 AM | By : Anonymous | In :


I finally finished the garden signs and have a final tally of what we are growing back there. The signs were quite tedious to make despite not being very fancy, but they only took about 3 hours all together so I suppose I shouldn't complain. They are the ultimate recycled item, though. About four years ago when I worked cleaning the hospital one of the OB nurses gave me a huge stack of yellow Hallmark envelopes that didn't have cards. They've been stashed in my art bin all this time. Then I went into the yard and picked up some sticks the wind had blown down, covered the whole thing in packing tape to make it waterproof - and there you go, vegetable signs!


There are already a few little sprouts coming up, mostly lettuce and onions. Here's the list of what we have going in the beds:
Shirley tomatoes
Beefsteak tomatoes
Bush beans
Carrot
Snow pea
Dwarf bean
Broccoli
Cucumber
Lettuce
Spinach
Garlic
White onion
Dill

In pots:
Minette basil
Chives
Sweet genovese basil
Dill
Cilantro
Onions

We also have:
A small strawberry bed with some raspberry transplants
Three rhubarb plants
A young peach tree
A walnut tree

Comments (1)

Beautiful signs!!