A Few of My Favourite Things

3

Posted on : 9:20 AM | By : Anonymous | In : , ,



I've been trying to practice gratitude throughout the day, and here's a few of my favourite things in life. The simpler, the better!

Putting my face into a soft towel after getting out of the shower.

The smell of Play-Dough.

When you fall deeply asleep for 10 minutes and wake up refreshed.

Winning Monopoly against someone who always wins.

Finding a toonie in your pocket.

The feel of cool, dewy grass on your bare feet.

The smell of bacon.

Bringing the comforter off your bed and staying in it all morning.

A box of new crayons.

Warm summer thunderstorms.

Going to the ER and never getting asked who my insurance provider is.

Homemade bread fresh from the oven.

Dried flowers pressed between the pages of an old book.

Getting a package in the mail.

Playing tag in the rain.



The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. - Thomas More

Comments (3)

I have 2 questions for you:

1. What is a 'toonie'

2. What is a 10 minute nap? ;)

Wonderful posts, by the way.

Toonie: an affectionate term for the Canadian 2 dollar coin, because it rhymes with:

Loonie: an affectionate term for the Canadian 1 dollar coin, because it has a Loon on it.

lol
Thanks!

That picture! I love that movie.