Report: A Week of Raw Food

0

Posted on : 4:06 PM | By : Anonymous | In : , ,



We are nearing the end of our week of raw food. Here is what we discovered:

1. Autumn is not less itchy from her eczema, but maybe in time she will be? Who knows.

2. Annie is a different person!

3. I feel full of ENERGY!

So the other day I mentioned we were going to try only eating a raw food diet to see if it would help our allergies. Admittedly it usually takes at least 2 weeks for something like that to really take effect, but I can already see some of the results. Autumn hasn't really gotten less itchy, but miraculously Annie has changed. If you've read any of the Autism category, you will know that she has some interesting eccentricities. We eliminated dairy because of her, but it was really, really tough to get rid of gluten. No bread? Bread is so GOOD. SO SO GOOD. I miss bread already! But I'm loving the calmer, happier Annie. We actually didn't really expect her to change, we just wanted Autumn's rash to go away. Raw food seemed like the easiest way to do that.

We've been eating grapefruit, bananas, oranges, pears, raisins, almonds, avocado, rice crackers, sun dried tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, tomoatoes, some granola... and a teeny bit of friendly yoghurt which is the only dairy I let in. I also sprouted lentils and quinoa and made a salad out of it with some organic salad dressing and Annie and I liked it alot. She's fortunately not picky though, lol.

After battling the initial forceful cravings for breads, I felt really good. The only troubles I have had is that I have a super fast metabolism and I get hungry so fast. I end up starving if I don't eat every 2-3 hours. I need some more protein so I might turn this into more of a raw food/Paleolithic diet and add some grilled chicken or something. But so far this is awesome!

Comments (0)