Book Review: Dwelling by River

1

Posted on : 1:56 PM | By : Anonymous | In : ,

Life is incredibly busy... going to school, gardening and raising three kids does that. I did add another book to my hippie book collection called Dwelling. It's by a lady named River, and it's about handmade illegal houses. It's a lovely book with lovely thoughts that made me feel that I hadn't truly lived until I'd built a house that way with my own two hands. It's available from Powell's and Amazon, and it's worth it.

I wish I could find a picture of the cover, and the camera battery is dead so oh well. It's been tough little while and I feel happy but I've been wondering why people choose the lives they choose and why it's so important to never settle.

Success is relative. It is what we can make of the mess we have made of things.
--T. S. Eliot

Comments (1)

I found your blog while googling unjobbing and I've entertained myself over the past week reading your older posts. I love what you have to say, thank you for sharing.

Our family has just begun the unschooling adventure and are considereing a move to less traditional housing. We shall see where it all takes us.

I ponder why people chose what they do too, and I usually come to the conclusion that they don't often realize they have a choice. It takes a lot of courage to question your upbringing, your family, and what you think you know. Not for the faint of heart. And if you are busy, well, there's hardly anytime to look beyond what is most pressing and most familiar.

And now I'll stop babbling at you. Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts - I can't wait to read more :)