My First Homeschool Meeting as a Grownup

0

Posted on : 9:14 AM | By : Anonymous | In :

Today, I feel like an adult. Not because I have three children or because I am approaching 30, or because I am an author or because I work hard and help make a living, or because I have the guts to pull the gunk out of the kitchen sink trap every day.

Today, I go to my first homeschool meeting as an adult. I realized I've gone to homeschool groups with my kids and hiked, or played. But, I've never paid for membership or actively participated. Today, I go to a group as a paid member. I've only ever been to these really as a child, lol.

To celebrate the first thing that's ever made me feel like I've arrived at adulthood, I did this homeschool meme, lol.

1) ONE HOMESCHOOLING BOOK YOU HAVE ENJOYED

The Well-Trained Mind

2) ONE RESOURCE YOU COULDN’T BE WITHOUT

The Internet, but for a book I love Konos and Timetables of History.

3) ONE RESOURCE YOU WISH YOU HAD NEVER BOUGHT

I don't really buy many 'resources' but instead use lots of real books like Usborne and DK so I don't regret anything.

4) ONE RESOURCE YOU ENJOYED LAST YEAR

Usborne Nature

5) ONE RESOURCE YOU WILL BE USING NEXT YEAR

Rosetta Stone French

6) ONE RESOURCE YOU WOULD LIKE TO BUY

I have a wishlist of $400 worth of more Usborne books, lol.

7) ONE RESOURCE YOU WISH EXISTED

Free unlimited books for homeschoolers.

8) ONE HOMESCHOOLING CATALOGUE YOU ENJOY READING

I like Rainbow Resource and The Sycamore Tree

9) ONE HOMESCHOOLING WEBSITE YOU USE REGULARLY

Wikipedia ha ha

10) TAG FIVE OTHER HOMESCHOOLERS

Tag yourself and comment below if you did this too. :)

Comments (0)