In the Midst of Packing...

0

Posted on : 10:31 AM | By : Anonymous | In : ,

I'm procrastinating now... I'm sitting in the middle of all the Playmobile I had so much fun putting together, a huge stack of boxes, a new beading set, and lots of blankets and I really need to start packing.  We're moving on Thursday!  


But I was reading this morning on Dirt Under My Nails about the seeds she ordered for her garden and I got so excited!  I get to have a huge garden this year and I even get to start planning it but I promised I would get completely unpacked and have a house-warming party by the end of January so I'll see if I can do it all.  It's surprising how much I've been able to do in an apartment... one year I managed to grow basil, sunflowers and snap peas in about 4 inches of soil and about 3 square feet of space. But that list is very inspirational and I may steal from it since she got all those non-GMO varieties. :)

I love that we are moving on New Year's and starting completely over from scratch.  To celebrate, here is a New Year's meme (may be edited for time and/or the mundane):

What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I tried calimari, and I tried really getting serious about writing.  I also introduced more controversy into my writing, lol.

Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I can't really remember my resolutions... I believe I wanted to get in better shape, which I did.  Before I got pregnant I was doing 100 pushups and 100 situps a day.  I also wanted to be even more green which I have also done.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister did!  They even delivered the baby themselves. :)  And my cousin did too!  So now I have 2 nephews and a niece. Yay!

Did anyone close to you die?
No one close to me has ever died.  I feel as though if I mention that I will jinx it and cause someone's death.  I think part of it may be that everyone in my family married fairly young, but some are getting up there.  

What countries did you visit?
The United States. :)  It's always interesting to go from Canada to America.

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Less financial stress?  lol I think everyone wishes that and for us that is something that should be better this year since we are now out of debt.  I would really like to have more acquaintances that we can get together with that have no agendas about religion or other causes.  It seems like everyone is trying to sell you something.  People really need to be friends just to be friends.  Gosh that sounded a bit pessimistic, lol.  

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Re-righting our life after the catastrophe of the summer.  This wasn't my achievement - it was my amazing husband.  He should be everyone's hero.

What was your biggest failure?
Being an idiot.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got a couple of colds and had some morning sickness, but all in all pretty good.

What was the best thing you bought?
Wow I didn't buy much this year.  If I bought some books it was them, otherwise it was the one purchase we made of the keyboard.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving into this house, and watching my Amazon book ranking go up and down, lol.

What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
Hmmm... I think it's going to be the Pencils in the Wind (Cello Tape) song by Flight of the Conchords.  So many divisive issues this year, lots of racism, and they are at the top of my iTunes list right now, so they win for writing a song about bringing people together.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? happier
thinner or fatter? pregnant-er
richer or poorer? richer 
What do you wish you’d done more of? swimming
What do you wish you’d done less of? I wish I had been more authentic and true to myself - so less non-authenticity
What was your favourite TV program? Lost
What was the best book(s) you read?  The Shack, and Ishmael
What was your greatest musical discovery?  The Flight of the Conchords, lol
What did you want and get?  To find a house to rent that was old and had a big yard, and to be pregnant, and a good piano.
What did you want and not get? I wanted to get some more oil paints, but now I can set that up in my art nook so it's good that I waited.
What were your favourite films of this year?  Eagle vs. Shark, Kung Fu Panda, Tropic Thunder, Wall-E, Ironman, and I really want to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button because I think I'll like it
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 27 and John made me a cake.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? Jeans and t-shirts
What kept you sane? John
What political issue stirred you the most? All of the issues this year were dreadfully important - I think sustainability and food security, climate change and civil rights were all at the top of my list.
Who did you miss?
I miss my Montana family, especially my mom.
Who was the best new person you met? John :) He'll understand.
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.  Anyone can change.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
Brown paper, white paper,
Stick it together with cellotape, uh huh.
Ooooh yeah
Brown paper white paper,
Stick it together with cellotape...

You know Jemaine, recently I've, um, I've been I've been thinking about love, about mutual love, that sort of love where two, you know two people, they love each other equally, like the love you have with, you know, with a loved one. And it's an equal love, and you give love equally, and it's, it's a feeling that's uh, it's amazing, it's this sort of, it's probably that, you know, it's a wonderful thing. It's love at its best, it's love, you know, it's, uh, it's, you know, it's probably the strongest adhesive available.

Comments (0)